Please complete this profile as a FIRST step to determining you/your educational needs and individualized curriculum plan.
Part I
Complete each section by placing a “1” next to each statement
you feel accurately describes you. If you do not identify with a statement,
leave the space provided blank. Then total the column in each section.
Section 1
_____ I enjoy categorizing things by
common traits
_____ Ecological issues are important to
me
_____ Classification helps me make sense
of new data
_____ I enjoy working in a
garden
_____ I believe preserving our National
Parks is important
_____ Putting things in hierarchies
makes sense to me
_____ Animals are important in my
life
_____ My home has a recycling system in
place
_____ I enjoy studying biology, botany
and/or zoology
_____ I pick up on subtle differences in
meaning
_____ TOTAL for Section
1
Section 2
_____ I easily pick up on
patterns
_____ I focus in on noise and
sounds
_____ Moving to a beat is easy for
me
_____ I enjoy making music
_____ I respond to the cadence of
poetry
_____ I remember things by putting them
in a rhyme
_____ Concentration is difficult for me
if there is background noise
_____ Listening to sounds in nature can
be very relaxing
_____ Musicals are more engagingto me
than dramatic plays
_____ Remembering song lyrics is easy
for me
_____ TOTAL for Section
2
Section 3
_____ I am known for being neat and
orderly
_____ Step-by-step directions are a big
help
_____ Problem solving comes easily to
me
_____ I get easily frustrated with
disorganized people
_____ I can complete calculations
quickly in my head
_____ Logic puzzles are fun
_____ I can't begin an assignment until
I have all my "ducks in a row"
_____ Structure is a good thing
_____ I enjoy troubleshooting something
that isn't working properly
_____ Things have to make sense to me or
I am dissatisfied
_____ TOTAL for Section
3
Section 4
_____ It is important to see my role in
the “big picture” of things
_____ I enjoy discussing questions about
life
_____ Religion is important to
me
_____ I enjoy viewing art work
_____ Relaxation and meditation
exercises are rewarding to me
_____ I like traveling to visit
inspiring places
_____ I enjoy reading
philosophers
_____ Learning new things is easier when
I see their real world application
_____ I wonder if there are other forms
of intelligent life in the universe
_____ It is important for me to feel
connected to people, ideas and beliefs
_____ TOTAL for Section 4
Section 5
_____ I learn best interacting with
others
_____ I enjoy informal chat and serious
discussion
_____ The more the merrier
_____ I often serve as a leader among
peers and colleagues
_____ I value relationships more than
ideas or accomplishments
_____ Study groups are very productive
for me
_____ I am a “team player”
_____ Friends are important to me
_____ I belong to more than three clubs
or organizations
_____ I dislike working alone
_____ I dislike working alone
_____ TOTAL for Section 5
Section 6
_____ I learn by doing
_____ I enjoy making things with my hands
_____ I enjoy making things with my hands
_____ Sports are a part of my life
_____ I use gestures and non-verbal cues
when I communicate
_____ Demonstrating is better than
explaining
_____ I love to dance
_____ I like working with
tools
_____ Inactivity can make me more tired
than being very busy
_____ Hands-on activities are fun
_____ I live an active
lifestyle
_____ TOTAL for Section 6
Section 7
_____ Foreign languages interest
me
_____ I enjoy reading books, magazines and web sites
_____ I enjoy reading books, magazines and web sites
_____ I keep a journal
_____ Word puzzles like crosswords or
jumbles are enjoyable
_____ Taking notes helps me remember and
understand
_____ I faithfully contact friends
through letters and/or e-mail
_____ It is easy for me to explain my
ideas to others
_____ I write for pleasure
_____ Puns, anagrams and spoonerisms are
fun
_____ I enjoy public speaking and
participating in debates
_____ TOTAL for Section 7
Section 8
_____ My attitude effects how I
learn
_____ I like to be involved in causes that help others
_____ I am keenly aware of my moral beliefs
_____ I like to be involved in causes that help others
_____ I am keenly aware of my moral beliefs
_____ I learn best when I have an
emotional attachment to the subject
_____ Fairness is important to
me
_____ Social justice issues interest
me
_____ Working alone can be just as
productive as working in a group
_____ I need to know why I should do
something before I agree to do it
_____ When I believe in something I give
more effort towards it
_____ I am willing to protest or sign a
petition to right a wrong
_____ TOTAL for Section 8
Section 9
_____ Rearranging a room and
redecorating are fun for me
_____ I enjoy creating my own works of
art
_____ I remember better using graphic
organizers
_____ I enjoy all kinds of entertainment
media
_____ Charts, graphs and tables help me
interpret data
_____ A music video can make me more
interested in a song
_____ I can recall things as mental
pictures
_____ I am good at reading maps and
blueprints
_____ Three dimensional puzzles are fun
_____ I can visualize ideas in my mind
_____ Three dimensional puzzles are fun
_____ I can visualize ideas in my mind
_____ TOTAL for Section 9
No comments:
Post a Comment